Everyone has some areas in their life they would like to change. We all have the best intentions to try to improve ourselves, but reaching our goals can often be a significant challenge. At Goalminded, our philosophy is simple: everyone has the capacity for change and the ability to reach their goals. Our coaches are all trained in scientifically-proven methods for goal achievement, such as Motivational Interviewing, that are proven to help people make real, lasting changes in their lives. Combined with the extensive experience and understanding our coaches bring to every session, these techniques will provide you with the necessary toolset to make effective and sustainable changes in your life, starting today.
What is Our Approach?
Goalminded coaches utilize coaching techniques, such as Motivational Interviewing, that focuses on collaborative conversations with your coach that aim to strengthen your motivation and commitment to change. These conversations are generally rooted in three key principles:
- Collaboration: Your coach will focus on building a partnership with you that is rooted in mutual understanding and trust. This approach contrasts with other methods that are based on a coach assuming an “expert” role and at times confronting you or imposing their own perspectives on what they might think is best for you. Through techniques such as Motivational Interviewing, our coaches will work with you to pursue your goals in way that fits seamlessly and realistically into your life.
- Evocation: When you struggle to see how to move forward, your coach will work to evoke or “draw out” your own ideas about change. Studies show that lasting change occurs when you discover your own motivations and determination to change.
- Autonomy: Your coach will emphasize your autonomy in making the personal choices that fit you best. After all, you are the expert in your own life. Our Coaches believe that the true power for change lies within oneself and that while your coach can help steer you in the right direction, it is ultimately you that must walk the walk.
Want to learn more?
Here are some helpful links to learn more about our Coaches’ approaches and coaching in general:
- Overview of Motivational Interviewing:
- Research on the effectiveness of Motivational Interviewing:
- Research on the effectiveness of coaching: